Who Are We?
Thank you for your interest in Fitzsimons Mallon Solicitors LTD. We are an Irish law firm based in Newry, County Down with offices in Belfast and Dublin. We provide advice, consultations and representation in a wide spectrum of legal services through the island of Ireland. Established in 1987, we have grown to offer expert legal advice to both our commercial and private clients and pride ourselves on effective, personal, professional, and thorough representations of our clients’ interests.
Our longstanding clients including many large publicly and privately held companies, financial institutions and public bodies. We have been recognised for the excellence of our commercial, property, criminal defence and litigation departments. We have acted for government institutions including the provision of legal services in Conveyancing and Litigation to the Northern Ireland Office, Court Service NI, Probation Board NI, Prison Service NI, Santander plc, the Official Solicitor NI, the Office of Care & Protection (Patients’ Section), the Youth Justice Agency NI, Forensic Science Laboratory NI and the Housing Executive NI
Our areas of expertise and interest in the provision of legal services to our client's include:
Our reputation has been built by delivering an effective, reliable and professional service to our clients. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you feel we can assist you or your business interests. The first initial consultation in any matter is entirely free of charge. Our representation of you in any police station in Northern Ireland for any criminal matter under investigation is free of charge 24-7 365!
- Professional negligence against Solicitors, Architects, Accountants, etc for breach of contract on behalf of former clients;
- Defence of clients’ interests in Confiscation and Restraint Order proceedings including proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act and for alleged breaches of money laundering. We have extensive experience in acting in the Crown Court in Northern Ireland in the defence of clients’ interests for alleged corporate fraud.
- Commercial property acquisition, leases, sales and purchases, corporate and commercial law, litigation at High Court and County Court, Judicial Review involving many lead cases before the Court of Appeal, the Judicial Office of the House of Lords and Supreme Court (London).
- Significant cases conducted by this office include case citations: JR56, Campbell v The Chief Constable, Rooney v The Chief Constable, Pepper v Department of Agriculture, Bryson v Southern Health & Social Services Board, TCY and JCY (Minor) v The Royal Group of Hospitals, the Derryhirk Inn Case (group action for 86 clients), Gaughran v The Chief Constable (on appeal to the Supreme Court), Y( a firm of SOLICITORS) v The Chief Constable.
- Education law and school appeal tribunals involving judicial reviews arising from same.
- Family law including representation at the Family Court, Care Centres, Divorce, Exclusion Orders, Personal Protection Orders, injunction, maintenance , contact with children, adoption, proceedings under the Hague convention for return of children removed outside the jurisdiction.
- Road traffic accidents, accidents at work, medical negligence cases, clinical negligence, dental negligence and negligence claims against solicitors.
- We are members of Pro Bono Lawyers Scheme since 1987 offering free legal assistance and advice to persons otherwise unable to fund a legal case to court.
Paul Fitzsimons Solicitor / Partner has extensive experience involved in representation of client's interest in complex fraud and criminal trial defences involving Court appearances and representations in Marseille, Istanbul and attending on witnesses in Valetta, Los Angeles, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, London.
Paul Fitzsimons has attended on clients in prison in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Istanbul, Limerick, Dublin, Pentonville, Canterbury, Marseille, in addition to all the NI Prisons, Hydebank, Maghaberry and Magilligan Prisons.